The biggest noteworthy event for Nathanael is that he got married!!!! On October 19th, Nathanael and Lindsay Ann were married in the Salt Lake Temple. The weather was absolutely perfect! Who knew that it would be in the low 70's on that day. Gorgeous. Travis went with Nat earlier and then I came up with the kids a bit later. For some reason, the place we were going to park had just been filled. I don't know what else was going on that morning because that was unusual. I drove around trying to find a parking spot. I found a parking spot in a little parking lot but the credit card machine would not work and time was ticking. I decided to leave the vehicle and run. The temple workers were so sweet and told me that it was all right and to just take a deep breath. The sealing was short and sweet. After the sealing, Travis and I moved the van to a spot that was free. We then went back and waited for the newlyweds to come out for pictures. After taking pictures, we headed to Michelangelo's Italian restaurant for the wedding luncheon. The food was amazing. We had a nice time just visiting with guests and enjoying the delicious food. After the luncheon, we were waiting for Travis to come bring the van and we had a chance to chat with the owner. He is a temple worker and was there at the groom's desk and helped Nat that morning. It was a neat connection. We then headed back to change and decorate for the reception. They had the reception at the Vista in Cedar Hills. When we got there, I had a couple of friends who were already setting up. We had a lot of the decorations- but Lindsay's family was bringing the food and the rest. We had done as much as we could do and found out that Lindsay's family was stuck on the freeway. There had been a huge accident involving multiple vehicles etc. It was time for me to go back home and change for the reception and her family came just before we left. I didn't think they would be able to get everything finished. However, when I got back, it was pretty much done. We were ready when the reception started and the sunset was awesome!!! We had a good turn out despite that it was Fall break. Lindsay and Nat had taken a dance class to learn how to waltz for their first dance. It was so cute because you could tell that he was really counting in his mind and concentrating. Zachary was running behind the refreshment table when he tripped on the plug and pulled it out right in the middle of the dance-so the music stopped playing! Travis hurried and plugged it back in. Ha! Ha! They cut the cake and left for their weekend together. It was a beautiful day and I was so grateful for all those friends and family who helped us. Lindsay Ann's family and friends helped to clean up. We were done in no time at all. One thing that impressed me was that Lindsay Ann did not get flustered or upset when her family was stuck on the freeway. She was anxious and concerned, but she showed a great deal of maturity and handled herself extremely well. Honestly though, the most important thing of the day is the sealing in the temple. That is all that really matters. You want the reception to be nice and go well, but that is not the most important thing. I am so grateful that they both live worthily so that they could go to the temple and be sealed. We are thrilled to have Lindsay Ann as part of our family!!
Our sweet missionary Lindsay Kaye has adjusted really well. She has been gone for four months now. One noteworthy event for her was that she was able to work with a young man who got baptized on the last day of the year. It was pretty awesome! We also were able to Skype with her on Christmas Day for a couple of hours. It was such a treat to be able to see her and talk to her. She looks so healthy and happy. She has told us that serving a mission was the best decision that she has ever made. I am so grateful for the woman that she has become. Lindsay Kaye is such a great example to me.
Ethan has been extremely busy and had some awesome experiences the last few months. He first took a sweet young lady to Homecoming. They seemed to have a really good time. Then he sang in the Disney concert at the high school. He was Mickey Mouse. He also played soccer and their team did really well. He also participated in the Madrigal Feaste where he was one of the Royal court. Ethan continues to work at Little Caesar's Pizza. One noteworthy event for Ethan was in October when he got to go with the rest of the youth in our ward to a special dinner at the Governor's mansion for reading the Book of Mormon by a certain date. Elder Rasband and his wife were also invited. He was able to speak to the youth and he asked them some questions. He called on Ethan to answer a question and I guess that Ethan gave a really great answer -so Elder Rasband continued to call on him. When they were leaving, Elder Rasband told him that he was very impressed with him. That was just what Ethan needed to hear. An apostle of the Lord told him personally how impressed he was with him. It was awesome!
Clarissa has enjoyed voice lessons and was able to participate in the fall musical at school. It was "Legally Blonde Jr.". She was able to be a girl in the salon and Chutney-the villain! She was awesome! Her teacher told her that she needed a great character actress to play that part. As a Mom, it is so wonderful when your child finds his/her passion. I love watching Clarissa's shows. She seems to just light up when she is on stage.
Zachary has had some noteworthy things the last few months as well. He played soccer of course- and also got to play flag football for the first time. He absolutely loved it! He would come home and practice catching a football. During one of his games, he lost a tooth while running down the field. (It was really, really loose). Then on another game, Travis was able to come for the first part but had to leave to run Ethan's soccer practice. He handed me the video camera and just after he left, I looked up to see Zachary running down the field and scoring a touchdown-his first one! It was awesome! However, the video camera was having problems and I was not able to catch it on camera. Rats! So with his new found love of football, Zachary has become a big fan of BYU sports and has become Travis' sports buddy. Zachary has kept busy playing futsal with his little soccer team. He always has a positive attitude no matter the outcome of the game. I love that about him! Zachary was also picked as the Eagle of the Month at school for being optimistic and positive. Right on!
I had been asked by my mother-in-law to make a calendar for her Christmas gift. As I went through the year pulling out pictures, I felt overwhelmed with gratitude. Our year was wonderful. We were able to do some fun things as a family. We had some big changes that were awesome-Nat getting married and Lindsay Kaye serving a mission. I could not be more pleased with the choices my children are making and the people that they are becoming. I will look back at 2017 as an awesome year.























No comments:
Post a Comment