Nathanael and Lindsay Ann celebrated their 1 year anniversary of becoming "a thing". They have both been extremely busy with school, work, and wedding plans. They also went up to Salt Lake to do bridal portraits before the beautiful flowers all got taken out after conference. I helped Lindsay Ann with her hair and even though I am not even close to a professional-I don't think I did too badly. I also got to go up with her, Nathanael, and her parents to help for the photo shoot. I just really can't believe that my oldest son is getting married! After the pictures, Lindsay's parents took me to dinner at a Mexican restaurant that I had never been to before. I love Mexican food and this little place did not disappoint. It was a great day.
One of the reasons this month seemed so long was that this is the first month that Lindsay Kaye has been gone. One down-17 to go. She celebrated her birthday in the MTC and left for San Diego the next morning. I was able to send her a package to arrive the same day that I sent it. I packed a lot of her favorite treats in it-including cotton candy and a cupcake for her birthday. She had asked for a new dress and I spent a lot of time looking for something that she would like that is missionary appropriate. I think she liked it because she wore it the next day as she arrived in her mission. I also sent her a cheap pink "Happy Birthday" tiara and sash that she could throw away. They were kind of silly little things but I knew that she would appreciate the thought. Lindsay Kaye called us early Tuesday morning from the airport and we were able to talk to her for a while. It was such a treat to hear her voice- but it really made me miss her again. She arrived safely in San Diego and then we had to wait another week to find out when her P-Day was and how she is adjusting. She had had a wonderful experience at the MTC. She and her companion were able to teach a young woman who has now chosen to be baptized. Wow! Lindsay is now living in Santee, CA and she and her companion work with a YSA ward. There is a young woman in that ward that is deaf and needs some more friendship and interaction. Lindsay feels that she is there to help this young woman. It is just a testament to me that the Lord knows each of us individually and answers our prayers. My favorite thing about Lindsay Kaye is her courage. It took a lot of courage and faith for her to follow her impression to serve a mission. It also took a lot of courage for her to do the things that she needed to do to get ready to serve. She has recently said that going on a mission was the best decision she has ever made.
Ethan has been very busy with soccer, school, and work. I have been able to go to a couple of Ethan's games and have been amazed at how good he has become. I really don't know where he gets his speed. He is also working really hard in school and doing really well. Work is good but also a bit frustrating to find a schedule that fits with all the other commitments he has. This last month, he participated in a choir concert held on September 11th to honor those who lost their lives that day as well as those who survived. It was pretty amazing and very touching. I felt that Ethan was also moved by it. He also was asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance and had a really great time. The theme was "Around the World" and he and his date were Canada. He then turned around and asked another young lady to Homecoming which is coming this next week and so will be in the blog next month. Exciting!
Clarissa is doing well in school and has made the Fall musical and has been busy with rehearsals. She has also just started voice lessons and seems to have improved quite a bit after only 2 weeks. Clarissa and I were able to spend some quality time together the last couple of weeks and it has been fun to be able to hang out with just her. Last week, my sister-in-law had extra tickets to the women's session of general conference. Clarissa and I got to go up to the conference center for the meeting. We found a great place to park that was free and our seats ended up being a lot closer than I have ever been. The meeting was wonderful and some of the messages were things that I really needed to hear-especially later that night. After it was over, Clarissa and I were starving and she wanted a burrito from a local taco fast food restaurant. The weather was terrible and it poured and poured all the way home. I was grateful to get off the freeway safely and we were almost to the taco place- which was also close to home. I got in the left turn lane and waited for the vehicle with bright lights to pass because it looked like there was a large gap after that vehicle before the next cars etc. came. I watched the vehicle pass and then started to turn-right into another car! I have been driving for 27 years and never even had a ticket. I have never caused an accident. In fact, because Ethan is a new driver, I have been extra careful about following all the rules and laws. I could not figure out how I did not see him. The young man got out and yelled at me and swore at me. I apologized and asked if everyone was okay. A few minutes later, he apologized to me and asked if I was okay. The police came, the ambulance, a firetruck etc. His car had to be towed but my van was still drivable. I have gone over it and over it in my mind and cannot figure out how I did not see him. I felt so stupid and frustrated because this is the last thing that we need right now. However, as I have pondered it over and over and over again, I wonder if his lights were not on or dim. Clarissa also felt like he did not have his lights on because she said that it was really dark around his car. Unfortunately, I cannot prove that he did not have his lights on- but it can be proved that I hit him. Boo. At least no one was hurt and it was close to home- so Travis came to be with me as I was in shock. I had a really difficult time finding my phone app to call him. I feel a bit anxious still when I have to make a turn but I am determined not to let it cause me not to drive. That is unrealistic. As Travis tells me, I need to move on and reread the talks that really spoke to me that night.
Zachary is also playing soccer and loving it. He is also playing flag football for the first time and is having a really good experience. His coach is chill and lets everyone take turns at different positions etc. He even lost a tooth running down the field during a game! Because this is a new thing for Zac, he is obsessed with all things football. Nat taught him to play a football video game that now Zachary cannot get enough of and he got to go with his brothers and Dad to a BYU football game in Logan. Even though his team lost, Zachary is always positive and still had a really good time.










No comments:
Post a Comment