Nathanael made some money in July by being a referee for a local soccer tournament. He ended up having 19 games. He worked really hard and earned a substantial amount of money. However, he ended up also being burnt to a crisp. He told us that he was using sunscreen- but he must have not either put enough on or it just did not work as well. Poor guy. Nat moved back up to Logan and started his second year at Utah State. He is adjusting to new roommates, a new schedule, and preparing to be married.
Our Lindsay Kaye finally received her mission call to the California, San Diego mission. The last six weeks have been busy with getting her ready to go. She reported to the MTC on August 30th. We have received just one e-mail from her letting us know that she was getting settled and doing well. We look forward to Thursday when she will be able to write again on her P-Day. She gave a wonderful talk in church last Sunday and then we had family and a few friends come eat and visit. It was a beautiful day. The night before we took her to the MTC, she was set apart as a full-time missionary by our stake president and then we all went to dinner to Terra Mia. I thought that I would be more composed this time around. After all, I have already had a full-time missionary leave and return home. Nope. I cried when we dropped her off, I cried the next day, and the next day, and then Saturday night. While she is certainly adjusting to being a new missionary, we are all adjusting to life at home without her. Although I am missing her, she will be an amazing missionary and the people of California will be lucky to have her.
Ethan is adjusting to a new school year. He is a Junior in high school this year. He is figuring out how to get homework done, keep a small part-time job, and make time for friends. Ethan also earned the rank of Eagle scout and we were able to hold a Court of Honor for him before Lindsay left on her mission. We had about a week to pull everything together. I was so grateful for so many friends and family that came to support him and helped us to get it all together. It was a very stressful week, but well worth it. I am so pleased that he was able to accomplish that goal. He also finally got his driver's license! It has been such a relief for me that he can drive himself to practices and work. Yay!
Clarissa is adjusting to a new school year as well. She is an eighth grader now in Junior high. We also just moved her up into Lindsay's room-it has now become her room. Clarissa was able to participate as a Wolf and Napkin in ACT's production of "Beauty and the Beast". She really enjoyed doing it and continues to develop her talents in the arts. That musical is my favorite. It reminds me that we can all change for the better. We can let go of pride and have compassion for others. Clarissa also turned 13. She is now an official teenager! We were able to celebrate by having a late night with a few close friends. My favorite thing about Clarissa is that she works really hard. She works hard to develop her talents and she works really hard to become better in things that she struggles with. She is turning into such a wonderful young lady. I can't believe that she is no longer one of my "littles".
Zachary is adjusting to a new school year-second grade. On the first day of school, I asked him how it went and he told me that it went by too fast! He had had a great time! He is also adjusting to having his own room and having his big sister, Lindsay, gone. Lindsay and Zac have always had such a sweet connection. Even though he misses her, I hope that he also is influenced by her example to serve a mission.
In the last 10 days of August, our family celebrated 2 birthdays, attended 2 bridal showers, 4 started a new school year, pulled together and held an Eagle Court of Honor for Ethan, listened to Lindsay speak in church and have family over to eat and visit, and sent her off to serve her mission. Needless to say, I am exhausted. However, there is no way that I could have done this myself. I am so very grateful for all the friends and family who have helped us and supported us. I pray that they will each be blessed for their service.
My favorite thing about Lindsay Ann is that she has true humility. She is confident in who she is and yet is not afraid to ask for the opinion and counsel of others.
Even though adjusting is hard for me, I know that I have family and friends who are here to help. I also know that I have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who love me and will help me as well.
Cathy













No comments:
Post a Comment