Sunday, July 3, 2016

Keep on keepin' on

So there are some "noteworthy" events from the Lloyd home this last month.  Some are good and exciting and others are just "notable".  Here are the good, bad, and ugly things that have happened and we just have to "keep on keepin' on"....


Nathanael has been enjoying his new area and new companion for the last weeks of his mission.  It is hard to believe that he will be home in less than two weeks!  Elder Nat continues to "keep on keepin' on" and teach and work hard.  He received a letter from and sister and brother that he was teaching in his previous area that told him that they had been baptized.  One thing that was neat was that Chile beat Argentina for the second year in a row to win the Copa America.  As you can imagine, he was thrilled!  I am so grateful that he has served the Lord diligently these past couple of years.  I am looking forward to having him here for holidays etc. and to have his wonderful example of faith and strength.




Lindsay Kaye has been working a lot this last month.  She was just made a manager at the pizza store that she works at and is doing a great job.  Lindsay is "keeping on keepin' on" as she helps me out in any way she can.  With the struggles that our family has dealt with recently, Lindsay is also an example of faith and strength.  She has not complained at all about some of the things that we would have liked to have done to celebrate her graduation- but are not possible in our present circumstances.  I am grateful to see that she has become a strong young woman who can "hold her own".


Ethan was able to attend youth conference in St. George this year.  He felt that it was a good experience.  He also was able to participate in a soccer tournament.  His team struggled for various reasons but he continued to do his best and never gave up even when it was obvious that they would not win.  Ethan is also a great example to me of someone who "keeps on keepin' on".  He recently gave a wonderful family home evening lesson about not giving up and continuing to have faith and focusing on serving others.


Clarissa has been working hard learning the dances and songs etc. for her part in a musical that she is participating in this summer.  Last week, she stepped on a random toothpick in our basement (we still don't know where it came from or why it was there) and had to go to the doctor to get it removed.  Thankfully, it was the shorter end of the toothpick but it was deep enough that she is now taking an antibiotic.  She wasn't able to go to her rehearsal that night, but did go for the rest of the week.  Even though it was difficult for her as her foot was still healing, she was a great example of someone who is "keeping on keepin' on".  She found out that she is strong and can deal with things.








Zachary has been loving the last month as he gets to do movie night every night with his siblings.  Zachary is the one who has helped our family keep our sense of humor as he does and says many cute and clever things.  He and Clarissa were able to go to my parents' house for the annual sleepout and I was so impressed that he insisted on carrying all of his own stuff (sleeping bag, luggage, pillow, etc.)  I offered to help but he knew that he could handle things himself.  Zachary has begun praying loudly lately he says so that his prayers are heard.  His child-like faith is helping me to "keep on keepin' on".


My "moment of joy" was when Ethan and Clarissa made my birthday cake.  We laughed that it looked like the cake that Hagrid made for Harry Potter.  I just thought that it was so sweet as they worked hard that day to make it special for me.  I wasn't in the best mood when I woke up considering our circumstances, and yet, my family went above and beyond to make it a great day and one that I will never forget.





One "notable" event was that Travis and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary.  I can honestly say that I cannot imagine going throughout life without him.  We have had many ups and downs just as many others do- but I feel that we have become even closer over the years.  He is still my best friend.  Another "notable" event is the fact that our severance package has now ended.  Travis continues to look for a job and I continue to worry.  It is a place that I never saw myself- especially at this age.  I have had my moments of meltdowns and frustrations.  Travis and the kids continue to be strong and I feel that I am leaning on their faith.  However, I am trying to "keep on keepin' on" and continue to keep my covenants.  I am continuing to do those things I know I should do.  It is a choice that I make every day.  I hope that someday, our children will remember how difficult it was when we lost our little baby Michael and this difficult trial as well, and realize that we continued to keep the faith even when it was really hard.  I hope that they remember our examples and that it gives them strength to keep going when they go through their own trials.  There will come a day in each of their lives where they must choose, every day, which way to follow.  We haven't been able to do the things that we had hoped for this summer.  Nevertheless, they are learning life lessons that I hope will make them better people in the end.  I also hope though that they remember the kindness and service of friends and family.  I have been so touched by anonymous gifts and money on our doorstep.  We have had help come to us in this way a few times.  I hope that they remember their aunts and uncles and grandparents who brought meals and helped in other ways when it was desperately needed.  They were inspired.  I hope that they remember to be mindful of others and that these trials that they have watched Travis and I go through will help them to be empathetic to those who are suffering.  I also hope that a miracle will bless our family soon.  I have seen miracles in my family and know that God is a God of miracles.  Until then, we will "keep on keepin' on".

No comments:

Post a Comment