Sunday, June 5, 2016

Closing chapters

May has been very eventful at the Lloyd home.  Several chapters are closing and it is a time of transitioning for every member of this family.  Here are some of the "noteworthy" endings and celebrations from this last month...

Nathanael was transferred for the last time on his mission.  He went from Buin back to Rancagua where he will complete his mission.  It is hard to believe that he will soon be coming home and that this chapter of his life is coming to a close.  Elder Nat still has his sense of humor but his sensitivity to others has grown.  He was able to confirm Luis after he was baptized before leaving the area.  He also felt that the investigators that he was working with were progressing well and that they would probably be baptized this next month.  I know that Nathanael has grown in so many ways and I am so grateful that he has been a stalwart missionary who has been obedient and worked hard.




Lindsay Kaye graduated from high school.  This chapter in her life has now come to a close and she has accomplished so much.  She also graduated from seminary which was just as important to me.  With graduating from high school, Lindsay has also closed the chapter on being a young woman in the Young Women's program.   Lindsay sang with the Chamber choir and was the ASL club president at school.  She worked really hard and was able to earn scholarships.  Most of all, however, she has become such a kind person.  I am grateful for the woman that she has become and I am certain that each new chapter in her life will also help her to become who Heavenly Father wants her to be.






Ethan finished his ninth grade year and will be moving onto high school next year.  His junior high chapter has come to a close.  I believe that Ethan is very happy to be moving on.  Junior high can be a difficult and trying time of life for many.  However, I feel that Ethan has proven to be a young man with righteous convictions.  He has become a champion for those that need a friend.  He also has worked really hard and done well in his classes.  I am grateful to have him be such a great example to his younger siblings and those around him.




Clarissa completed elementary school this year.  This chapter in her life has come to a close.  She is sad to leave but she is on the path to becoming an amazing young woman.  Clarissa was voted by her classmates as the best singer and actress.  However, what she was most pleased about is that they also voted that she is a compassionate and caring friend.  She worked really hard and even though Math was especially hard for her, she was humble and asked for help when it was needed. She was able to gain confidence in herself that she can succeed even when she has to work a bit harder.  I am grateful for Clarissa.  She brings so much joy and sunshine to my life.  It is hard for me to believe that my little Clarissa is growing up- but it will be fun to see what happens in the next chapters of her life.


This was the best smile that we could get from her....


Zachary had a small chapter close by completing Kindergarten.  He loved school and was very sad to see it end.  He came into me one morning and told me that he needed a hug.  I sat down and asked him what was wrong and he told me that he was sad that school was ending and that he wouldn't get to see his school friends everyday.  Zachary has a tender heart.  Travis and I were able to go to a Kindergarten program and it was fun to see him sing and do the actions because he always tells us that he is not a singer like the rest of us.  Oh  really?  I am grateful that his experience in school was positive and that he has a newfound confidence in making new friends and learning new things.


Zac during the dance festival.  The last couple of years they have had the Kindergarteners do the" Mexican Hat Dance" instead of the "Chicken Dance"


My "moment of joy" this last month was on Mother's Day.  I had asked that the yard get weeded and cleaned up for summer etc.  Travis and Ethan spent all day Saturday getting that done and then Clarissa made me breakfast in bed and Lindsay took care of Zachary so that I could enjoy myself.  I also was able to Skype with Nathanael.  That night, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for each of my children, my husband, and my own mother who is still one of my best friends.  It was a moment  of complete joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment