Friday, May 13, 2016

Spring Is Here

I had wanted to post a lot sooner, however, my time on the computer that I use is very limited and so here we are half-way through the month and I am just now posting.  Oh well!  Spring is here and in full swing.  Here are some "noteworthy" events from the Lloyd home...


We know Spring is here when we celebrate Nathanael's birthday.  Elder Nat turned 20 years old this month.  I can't believe it!!!  He also has been on his mission for 21 months-meaning that he will be home in just a few short months.  I feel like time is quickly passing and I am starting to get really excited to see him.  He has met a new investigator named Luis.  Nathanael has told us that Luis is the best investigator that he has ever had.  Nat seems to be very happy and continues to work hard serving the people of Chile.




Lindsay got a job working at a Little Caesar's Pizza store.  So far she has enjoyed working there and is making money to help with expenses coming up.  It reminds me of when I was a teenager working at another Little Caesar';s Pizza store.  Spring season is also Prom season.  Lindsay had the opportunity to attend her high school Prom again this year.  She seemed to have a really good time and looked beautiful.




Spring is her when soccer  takes over the family schedule.  Ethan has been busy with soccer-which means Travis too as his coach.  Ethan has even scored a couple of "garbage goals" for his team this season and he isn't even a forward.  He has just capitalized on shots that miss and that the goalie did not get.  Ethan see the opportunity and puts the ball in the net!  As Travis says, "They aren't pretty-but they count!"


Spring for Clarissa means continuing to work really hard to keep up with her homework, Irish dance, and attend Activity Days.  She was awarded the Eagle of the Month for being respectful.  She is the perfect one for that character trait.  She was brave and stepped up to help a fellow student.  A girl in her class at school was being called names and being bullied.  There was one incident in particular.  Clarissa stayed back from P. E. and went and found her teacher to let her know what was happening to this classmate.  She was worried that she might be looked at as a "tattletale" but she knew that telling an adult was the right thing to do- even though she was a bit afraid.


In Kindergarten, each child gets a turn to be the V. I. P. for the week.  Zachary got to be the V. I. P. one week during this last month.  On the Monday of the week the child is assigned to be the V. I. P., parents get to come in and tell about their child and read his/her favorite book and bring a treat.  Travis and I went in to tell about Zachary and all of his favorite things.  We brought in his favorite toy to show-which is a Star Wars ATTE.  We then told about some of his favorite things and then Travis read his favorite book, "The Monster at the End of this Book", in a Grover-like voice.  This book also happened to be my favorite book as a child as well as Travis'.  The kids loved it!!!  We then handed out cotton candy for the treat.  Zac was beaming!  It was obvious that he felt special.  As with Ethan, soccer is a big part of Zachary's Spring as well.  He loves playing with his friends and having his Dad coach him.




My "moment of joy" this last month was when it was Ethan's turn to give the Family Home Evening lesson.  He chose to do it on the importance of mothers based on a conference talk given by Jeffrey R. Holland.  At the end, he was bearing his testimony and got a little "choked up" expressing his appreciation for me.  I felt so grateful to have such a thoughtful and sensitive young man for a son.

No comments:

Post a Comment