Monday, July 19, 2021

Joy

 I know I am behind in posting for June...lots of good reasons and joyful moments and experiences in June.  Here is just a quick snapshot of the month...


Nathanael and Lindsay Ann are enjoying their last few months in Scotland.  Lindsay Ann is working hard on her dissertation for her graduate degree.  Even so, they have been able to take some time to continue to see the sights of Scotland.  They have both enjoyed the beauty of the country and making new friends.  Nathanael has also really enjoyed playing the organ in their ward.  I know that they will look back on this time with fondness and remember some of the joyful times that they had there.



 

Logan and Lindsay Kaye enjoyed some time outdoor-s including camping before they left for Louisiana at the end of the month.  I have really enjoyed having them live here.  I have loved their kindness and thoughtfulness that they have shared with our younger children.  We are still really missing them.  However, I know that they are enjoying their time in Louisiana and it is a joy to Skype with them on Sundays.



Ethan (no longer Elder-a full-time missionary) returned home on June 25th!!!!  True joy.  I cannot describe how grateful I am to have him come home.  He finished his mission strong and tried his very best to the end.  We then went to eat dinner at an Italian restaurant. It was such a truly joyful evening.  On Sunday,  he spoke in our ward on how The Book of Mormon helps us to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  He was awesome before he left, when he spoke, he blew me away.  I was amazed by how much he has grown.  He is a man now-and a great man!  He is someone that inspires me.  Such joy.  I feel that way about all my returned missionaries.  They are such wonderful examples to me.  




 







Clarissa had a lot going on in June.  She went on tour to Florida with her COPA company.  They went to Disneyworld and Universal Studios.  Travis was able to go as well to support her.  She really enjoyed the Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios.  She and Travis are also big Harry Potter fans and they had a wonderful time at Hogsmeade.  Then after she came home from Florida, she had to pack for a Youth Conference river rafting trip in Moab.  Honestly, she was terrified to go on this trip.  She is not a great swimmer and she is not a girl who really enjoys the outdoors.  Travis and I told her that we would not make her go- but we encouraged her to go and not give into her anxiety.  She had a little panic attack on the way there-but she persevered.  She ended up actually have a great time and really enjoyed her experience.  Finally, at the end of June, Clarissa went to Girls Camp.  She was so excited because she got to be a Youth Camp Leader this time.  She really worked hard on preparing a skit for them to do and to be a good tent Mom.  Again, she really enjoyed this experience and I am so proud of her for being willing to try new things and find joy in those new experiences.







Zachary has had such great joy having his brother back home.  Ethan and Zachary have always been very close- and he has loved having him home.  As we were going home after hearing Ethan speak, Zachary told me that he felt the Spirit really strong when Ethan was speaking.  I asked him how he recognized the Holy Ghost and he told me that he felt so happy to hear him when he was talking about Jesus Christ.  I felt such joy hearing that!  He has also really enjoyed swimming lessons.  He has been a bit behind because of things going on in the last couple of years, but he has had so much fun and is doing so well!  He really enjoys the back stroke.  That is his favorite!  This picture is from the Cedar Hills parade at the first of June.  Zachary really likes Spiderman!



So just before Ethan got home and just after my birthday, Travis received a job offer with his old team at the Church and working with his friends there.  It happened really fast and it was truly a miracle.  I have no doubt of that.  Again, true joy to have this blessing.  We also enjoyed our 27th wedding anniversary.  He is still my very best friend and I have had so much joy over the years with him and our children.  I am truly grateful for my blessings-this is joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment