Sunday, June 13, 2021

Blink

 I am pretty sure I blinked and then May was over...it was a good month here at the Lloyds and there are some notable events-it just was really fast...

Nathanael and Lindsay Ann are still enjoying their adventure in Scotland.  Things opened up in May in Scotland and they were able to rent a car and take a road trip to other sights and cities in Scotland.  They saw a lot of amazing things and had a really wonderful time.  Nat did tell us that it was kind of stressful driving in another country where the roads are so narrow.  They have been really good about  taking us along to see all the cool sites through Marco Polo videos.  Nathanael is really good about sharing the history of the things that they are showing us.  We also really enjoy Facetiming with them on Mondays along with Elder Ethan on his P-Day.  Although I blink and it is time for everyone to go.  



Logan and Lindsay Kaye are continuing to work really hard.  Lindsay Kaye was able to celebrate her earning her Associate Degree with a drive through graduation.  We then went to dinner as a family in her honor.  It was a great night.  We also celebrated their missions to San Diego on Cinco de Mayo.  We had Mexican food for dinner, a pinata etc.  When I think about their love story, I am convinced that they really are meant to be together.  Even though they both served in San Diego, their missions were very different.  Logan was working mostly with refugees and had to learn Swahili.  Lindsay Kaye was able too serve in places like La Jolla and enjoy YSA activities at the beach.  I know that they both worked really hard and did their best to invite others to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I also know that they are both better for having sacrificed their time and talents to serve. It seems to me that I blinked and my little girl became an incredible woman.



Elder Ethan is on his last transfer.  His companion got transferred and he is staying in Liberty and finishing his mission there.  I know he was kind of disappointed to not be transferred to a Spanish speaking area as he has worked really hard to learn Spanish.  I also know that he was hoping for one more baptism before he left.  We have had great conversations about righteous desires and for whatever reason, the Lord has other plans in mind.  We just need to keep trusting and have faith that even though we do not know why right now, and we may never know, as long as we are doing our best to magnify our callings and keep our covenants, we will be right where we are supposed to be.  I am so proud of Ethan.  His mission has been very difficult with the Pandemic and social issues going on, yet he has continued to persevere and do his best.  In a blink he will be home and getting ready for the next chapter in his life.



Clarissa has worked so very hard and got really good grades.  I don't know if I have seen anyone work as hard as her in everything they do.  She finished her Junior year strong and is looking forward hopefully to a more normal year next year.  Clarissa participated in her last choir concert of the year and also the choir Luau.  She won the Limbo contest!  Are we really surprised?  I have passed the baton-or limbo stick ;)  She was finally able to finish all of her Driver's Ed and will hopefully get her license soon.  I blinked and she turned into an amazing young woman.



Zachary finished 5th grade really strong as well.  He was able to participate in The Hope of America program at school.  He told me a couple of years ago that he was the Lloyd that doesn't sing-so I was really surprised that he auditioned to sing in a small group during the program-and made it.  I kept asking him leading up to the performance if he needed me to help him practice.  Nope!  He got up and sang with his little group and did such a great job!  He can sing!  Again, are we really surprised?  We also got to see him dance in the school dance festival.  They danced to, "The Eye of the Tiger", from Rocky and I could tell that Logan had helped him with some of his boxing stances and moves because he was spot on!  Finally, his little AA soccer team made it to the Championship game.   They actually competed really well against a team that had crushed them before.  This time, our team held their own until the very end.  Zachary's team ended up losing-but won the silver medal for second place.  We were most excited that the team really improved.  I am really trying to enjoy the things that he is doing because I know that when I blink, he will be grown.





As a family, we honored our angel, Michael, by donating Build-A-Bears and going to the cemetery.  I can't believe how long ago that was-13 years.  Although that was one of the most difficult times in my life, I know that I will see him again if I keep my covenants.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment