Sunday, June 4, 2017

Big Things....

So this post is for the last couple of months-lots of big and noteworthy things going on at the Lloyd home.....


Nathanael survived his first year at Utah State University and did well.  In April, he turned 21 years old- which was crazy because that is how old I was when I had him (I was closer to 22-but still)!  My favorite thing about Nat is his passion for those things that he loves.  His enthusiasm is contagious! He has been busy refereeing soccer and on May 17th-he asked his girlfriend, Lindsay, to be his bride and she accepted.  He took her on a picnic, played his bagpipes, and then got down on one knee and popped the question.  Wow!!!  Big thing for him and Lindsay and big for us as he is the first one to get married out of our children.  We are so excited and grateful that he has found someone that is kind, intelligent, has a firm testimony and makes him happy!!!









Lindsay Kaye also completed her first year of college. She attended Utah Valley University.  She did extremely well and has enjoyed her classes-mostly.  There was that one in which she had to write a 25 page paper.  Yeah.  That was fun.  She continues to be a manager at Little Caesar's Pizza and has been very busy finishing all her paperwork to serve an LDS mission.  It seems that everything has taken us  longer to get her forms done than it did with Nathanael.  However, we are expecting her mission call any day now...I am so impressed by her courage to do the things necessary for her to go.  For example, she needed to have her wisdom teeth removed and she is terrified of getting an I.V. -but she did it anyway.  Her oral surgery went really well (we have some great video footage) and two days later, she had an interview with LDS family services for a pre-mission evaluation because she has Tourettes.  I was so worried that she would be on narcotics and swollen and that we would have to reschedule, however, she hardly swelled and was not in pain enough to require a strong pain medication and she was lucid and herself!  It was a miracle-truly.  So this mission call is a pretty big thing.




Ethan did really well in his first year of high school.  He is just an impressive young man.  His big thing is that he earned all the requirements for his Eagle Scout Award.  He just needs to do the Board of Review and he is done!  Another big thing for him is that he got his braces off-finally!  He was so excited.  He kept feeling his teeth with his tongue and giggling because he was so happy;)  Ethan was just so done with braces.  Finally, his last big thing was that he played on the Lone Peak provisional soccer team with Travis coaching and they came in first place again.  Second year in a row of being undefeated.  Awesome!




Clarissa was so grateful to get through seventh grade and do well.  She really had to work hard in a couple of subjects- but it paid off and she was successful.  Her big thing was performing in Alpine Community Theater's, "The Little Mermaid".  She got to play the character, Chef Louis and was fabulous!  I know that I am her Mom and am biased, however, she really blew me away.  She can really sing and she totally nailed her character! I am so glad that she has found something that fills her soul up with joy!




Zachary completed first grade and did really well!  He cried when it was the last day of school because he said that he would miss his friends and his teacher.  Zachary's big thing was the fact that he struggled just a bit with reading, but with a little extra help, he jumped up quite a bit to be right on track!   He always had such a positive attitude and did his best!  One cute thing with him is that he has a crush on a little girl in his class and he was invited to her birthday party.  He wanted to do a gift that was really special and so he enlisted the help of his sister, Lindsay, and made a friendship bracelet for her and one for him that matched the pattern (it was just a different color).  He said that it was so they would never forget each other.  I know.  I think I will need to keep an eye on that little charmer ;)





My "moment of joy" was when I heard that Lindsay Kaye turned on General Conference while working so she and the other kids working that morning could listen.  She said that it was a really slow morning- but I was so impressed that she chose to do something that not only benefited her, but also the kids that she was working with benefited as well.

I know this blog is just limping along, but I will keep trying even as we get ready for all the big things coming up this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment