Nathanael continues to attend Utah State University and sing in the American Festival Chorus and Orchestra. Nat was able to come home the first week in March for Spring break. It was kind of an odd break for him because everyone else still had school and work. Nathanael was able to come up with us to our extended family tradition of going to East Canyon for the weekend. This was the first time since his mission that he was able to participate in our celebrating St. Patrick's Day as an extended family. It was fun to have him there to connect with family and remember his Irish heritage. Nat also asked me to finally cut his hair!!!!
Lindsay Kaye keeps busy attending Utah Valley University and working at Little Ceasar's. She also is finishing up filling out her papers to serve an LDS mission. Lindsay came up to East Canyon with us as well and was able to spend some valuable time with extended family and her siblings. It is wonderful that she wants to spend time with those she loves and really connect with them before she goes. Lindsay also had Spring break- but again- everyone else still had school and work so Spring break was odd for her as well.
Ethan had a noteworthy event this month. He was able to go on his first date-which happened to be Prom. His group went on Friday night for their "day date" to Hang Time (trampolines, foam pits, rope activities etc.) They had a dinner at one of Ethan's friends' houses. The next day was Prom. They took pictures and then went to a relative's house of one of the young men where a lovely dinner was served. Then they went to the dance. Ethan said that he had a great time and hoped that his date did as well. He also continues to play soccer- which takes a lot of his time. However, he is also just finishing up his requirements for the rank of Eagle scout as well as Driver's education. It will be so nice for him (and me) to have his driver's license. This was the first time that Ethan was able to stay at East Canyon instead of going back down for a game. It was awesome for him to be able to stay and connect with family.
Clarissa is enjoying the rehearsals for "The Little Mermaid". She was actually the one that needed to go back from East Canyon for a rehearsal this time. Travis and Clarissa woke up early Saturday morning and Travis decided to take a shorter route. It should have been fine because he was driving a 4-wheel drive truck. However, someone had abandoned a sedan in the middle of the road. Travis went around and sank into snow and got stuck. After two hours of making phone calls and trying to get some help, a man and his daughter came to take the same route and were able to help get the truck out. Travis and Clarissa came back to the condo because it was too late to get her to rehearsal. Even though those couple of hours were wasted, it was really nice to have them there the whole time. Clarissa was able to spend more time with her siblings and cousins and keep those family connections strong.
Zachary just absolutely loves school. When I ask him how his day was, he always answers that it was great! St. Patrick's Day was a great opportunity to have him teach a family home evening lesson about one of his Irish ancestors. I hope that he takes strength from those who sacrificed so much for their faith. I hope that he remembers that his ancestors were able to get through their difficult trials and that he can as well. Zachary loves spending time with his siblings and cousins. It is one of his favorite things to do. I am grateful that he strives to follow his older brothers and sisters and be like them because they are pretty awesome.
Although there were not a lot of notable events this last month. There were more opportunities to spend time together as a family and connect with each other-which is so very important. I also enjoy remembering the stories of my ancestors. I hope that I am living my life in a way that honors them.
Zachary just absolutely loves school. When I ask him how his day was, he always answers that it was great! St. Patrick's Day was a great opportunity to have him teach a family home evening lesson about one of his Irish ancestors. I hope that he takes strength from those who sacrificed so much for their faith. I hope that he remembers that his ancestors were able to get through their difficult trials and that he can as well. Zachary loves spending time with his siblings and cousins. It is one of his favorite things to do. I am grateful that he strives to follow his older brothers and sisters and be like them because they are pretty awesome.
Although there were not a lot of notable events this last month. There were more opportunities to spend time together as a family and connect with each other-which is so very important. I also enjoy remembering the stories of my ancestors. I hope that I am living my life in a way that honors them.








No comments:
Post a Comment