Friday, March 10, 2017

And off we go!!!!

I have debated and thought about whether I should continue this blog or not because I am certainly not keeping up on it very well.  I decided that my children might be grateful to have a family history in years to come.  So even though I am so behind, I do want to share the highlights and "noteworthy" events that they can look back on and remember.  So the new year has begun and off we go!!!!!


Nathanael was able to stay with us over Christmas break and catch up on some rest.  He is doing really well at Utah State University and seems to enjoy school.  He also continues to be busy singing in the American Festival Chorus and Orchestra.  We were able to go see his Christmas concert in December and it was so well done! He is the ward mission leader in his student ward and is busy with that calling as well.  He made some ambitious goals at the beginning of the year and off he goes working hard and enjoying college life....




Lindsay also was here for Christmas break.  She is continuing to do well at Utah Valley University and work as a manager at Little Caesar's Pizza.  Lindsay has a new primary class this year.  She loved her old primary class and was a bit sad to change- but at least Zachary is now in her class.  She seems to really enjoy spending time with her youngest brother.  She also has made goals for the new year and has decided to serve an LDS mission.  She has been spending the last few weeks working on filling out her mission papers.  I am excited for her and I know that she will make a fabulous missionary.  And off she goes working hard in school and getting ready to serve.....


Ethan has had a lot going on the last couple of months.  He was able to go to Mesquite with his soccer team and play in a tournament.  Their team competed really well- but in the end did not finish as they would have hoped.  However, they had  a lot of fun hanging together- doing baptisms for the dead at the St. George temple and doing all the activities at the Fiesta center.  Travis even let Ethan drive 4 hours home to get more driving time.  Ethan's big event during January was his birthday!  He turned 16 years old!  He had a late night with his friends to celebrate and we were expecting about 15 people. The doorbell kept ringing and ringing until we had a full house of teenagers.  He had a wonderful time and was excited to receive a new phone.  He also got the courage to ask a girl to Prom.  And off he goes making fun memories.....







Clarissa continues to participate in a musical theater group.  She was able to perform at the Dicken's Festival and Festival of Trees during December.  Her theater group is performing "The Little Mermaid" and Clarissa auditioned and got the parts of Chef Louis and a Mersister.  She is going to be very busy the next few months!  Clarissa also was able to have her science project compete in the Science Fair.  Her project was on "yawning".  She keeps working hard in school and is looking forward performing in the musical.  Off she goes developing her talents....




Zachary had a big month as well.  He turned 7 years old!!!!  We decided to have a Lego birthday party.  We invited his friends to come over. They first got to pick a Lego head, body, and legs and build a little figure.  Then we played a game where the boys took turns putting a brick on another and building as high as it would go until it fell over.  The person who placed the last brick on the tower was out and so whoever was last was the winner.  It was a little tricky.  I had to have them stack the Legos on the carpet and them pick odd shaped pieces to get it to fall over.  Finally, each boy got a Lego car to build and then we raced them.  I think that was the best activity of the party.  We finished with cupcakes with a chocolate Lego brick and figure on the top.  The boys thought that it was really cool that you could eat the decorations!  They seemed to have a good time and Zachary felt really special.  He also got to be the Star of the week.  I can't believe that my baby is 7!  Wow!  And off he goes growing and learning.....






There were too many "moments of joy" these last couple of months.  I will just highlight my birthday boys.  I would like Zachary to know that I love how he considers everyone he knows his friend. He always has a friendly wave to share.  The thing that I love most about Ethan is that he steps up to help his friends or family whenever they need it- even when it may be really inconvenient for him.  He is loyal and has a positive attitude even when the service is hard.  I am grateful for each of my chickens and the good choices that they are making.  I don't know how I got so lucky.  And off they go growing up and moving on....

No comments:

Post a Comment