I guess that about once a month is all I can do with this blog. It is what it is and so here are some "notes" from the Lloyd home...
Nathanael has been very busy lately. He finished up his soccer season strong. Through his hard work, he was able to really become a pretty good goal keeper. He also sang in a concert on September 11th. The pieces that were performed were beautiful and well done. I was grateful to be reminded of the blessings of living in this country. It was very cool. He also took his road test and now is a licensed driver. I did not know what to expect when I watched him drive away for the first time. I felt relief! It was so cool that he could drive himself to practice and other errands. Nathanael also finally got his braces off this last month. It is very cool.
Lindsay turned 15 years old this last month! Very cool. She keeps asking when I can take her for her Learner's Permit. I am not too eager to start those 40 hours of driving again! We had her friends over for a late night to celebrate her birthday. They all seemed to have a good time and I am grateful that she has chosen such good friends. It is very cool.
Ethan also finished up his soccer season strong. He also started playing flag football. He is really fast! In his last game, he ran the ball for a touchdown and had to make a couple of cuts. No one even got close to pulling his flag. In school, he used different colors of play dough to make a model of a cell. He then used the extra play dough to make a Perry the Platypus from Disney's "Phineas and Ferb". It was very cool.
Clarissa has just started attending Activity Days now that she is eight years old. She has had a lot of fun so far. Recently, she did a pretend hair salon and she not only had combs, brushes, and clips etc. for doing hair, she actually had drawn a book with different hair styles that you could choose from. You simply pointed to the picture and name of the style that you wanted-just like in a real salon. It was very cool.
Zachary knows that he is just cool. We had gone to a little family "luau" dinner and Zac decided to wear as many Leis as possible. He just thought he was so cool. Also, he has decided that he needs to have boots. I got him a pair of cheap moon boots and he wears them all the time. He wears them with pants AND shorts. He can also put them on by himself. That is very cool.
Something that I thought was kind of cool that I did this last month was decorate a cake for the elementary school's "Monster Mash". I was asked to decorate a cake for their cake walk. I was inspired by the picture book, "Go Away, Big Green Monster!". It was fun to read it with Zachary and then try to make a monster cake. Zac and I had a great time together.
My "moment of joy" came yesterday when Lindsay had made Clarissa and Zac some lunch. After Zachary had finished eating, he told Lindsay, "Thank you." without being prompted. Yes! Very cool Zachary!





No comments:
Post a Comment