Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Lloyd Characters

Once again, we have celebrated Halloween...already? Well, here are a few "notes" from the Lloyd home...

Nathanael decided to be Dr. Doofenschmirtz from Disney's "Phineas and Ferb" for Halloween. He really enjoys watching that show. It gives him time to laugh and "chill out" from his crazy schedule. Every year, our family carves pumpkins for Halloween. Nat really does not like cleaning out the pumpkins! When he was little, he would cry and cry when we tried to get hime to pull out the pumpkin "guts". It is so interesting that still after all these years, he carves out his own design but refuses to clean it out!


Lindsay was a "goth" this year for Halloween. She looked pretty convincing! At a ward Halloween party, an elderly woman came up to me and told me that Lindsay looked so much like me when she was all "dolled up" like that! I really was not sure how to take that compliment? Was it the black lipstick or black eye shadow? I know, it was the nose piercing! Ha! Ha!




Ethan was Harry Potter this year. He was perfect for it with his new glasses! We were lucky because we already had a costume that some of our other kids had worn. It seems that every year we either have some character from "Harry Potter" or "Star Wars". This year we had both! Ethan really is into Harry Potter this year and has already said that he wants the Lego Hogwarts Castle for Christmas.




Clarissa was soooo cute this year as Junie B. Jones. She loves those books and I can often hear her laughing out loud in her bed as she reads at night before she goes to sleep. Clarissa took quite awhile to decide what she wanted to be for Halloween-but when she did-it was perfect for her! She was quite entertaining quoting phrases from the books. I loved it!







Finally, Zachary was Yoda from "Star Wars" this year. I had always promised Travis that we would have one of our little ones be Yoda because the baby/toddler costume was so cute. Since Zac is our last little one, it was kind of now or never! He loved Halloween!!! This was the first year that he got to go trick or treating. Travis took Ethan, Clarissa, and Zac this year because it was his turn. He dressed up as a Sith Lord to go with Zac. Zachary was his "little green friend". Travis asked Zac if he wanted to walk or be carried and Zac kept saying "walk". He walked for over an hour and did not want Daddy to carry him! I guess candy is a pretty strong incentive for him. Hmmm. Good to know for future reference! Because it was Travis' turn this year, the weather was fantastic- so just be aware that next year, the weather will be miserable because it will be my turn and the pattern has never failed! I don't really like trick or treating. I didn't even really like it as a child! I remember one year in which it rained and rained and I was so cold that I begged my dad to take us home ( I think it was only after one street). Anyway, he encouraged me to continue and as time went on, I noticed that my hands were turning blue and I told my dad that I was so cold that my hands were turning blue! He took me home and I realized that my hands were blue from the dye that was on my witch's hat! (I really was panicked that it was a permanent condition!)




Well, my "moment of joy" was when the pumpkins were all carved and set out on the porch. For some odd reason, I get a lot of satisfaction out of making sure each pumpkin is scraped very clean before a face is carved in! I know it is weird but that is just the way I am- a little weird!















Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment