Just a little "note" from our home this week....
Nathanael took the written drivers test on Monday and was able to get his Learner's Permit. I guess we're going to have to start his 40 hours of driving... Watch out everyone!!!
Lindsay is growing out her hair-for the first time and just needed a little trim. The salon we went to were offering to put feathers in your hair-which apparently is the new trend. Lindsay has wanted one for a long time and so we had a small, subtle feather put in. Travis is enjoying teasing her about it! It does look a lot better than the feathers that people put in their hair when I was in elementary school! They were bright colors with beads on them, however, they were ususally on a clip and not "in" your hair.
Ethan and I had a chance to spend some "one on one" time together this week for his "day-off". We were able to go and see "Kung Fu Panda 2". During the movie, he became quite emotional (I did too), so we had a little talk about how we are alike that way. He feels very deeply and has to be careful of what he watches or reads because he internalizes it-just like me! It is funny what traits and qualities get passed on!
Clarissa tried to run away the other night. Travis spotted her walking down the road with her backpack on and her little mouse house-her favorite toy at the moment. We called her to come home- which she did reluctantly. Someone had not spoken to her nicely and so she decided to leave home because her feelings were hurt-she is just "slightly dramatic" which is why we love her so much! Anyway, I asked her why she would leave me when I would miss her so much! She said that I could come visit her every day. I still don't know where she was going but maybe we need to have a little talk in Family Home Evening about what we say to each other and how we say it!
Zachary watched "Cars" for the first time this week and was glued to it the entire time. He kept saying, "Go, go, cars, go, vooom". He loves it! Yesterday, as we were talking, he started walking backwards and grinning from ear to ear! We think he must like the character, Mater, who drives backwards. It is fun for me to see him get so excited about something like that!
My "moment of joy" came this week when Travis hooked up our new dryer that we got from our bishop. Our dryer had just completely died the night before and our bishop had just purchased a new washer and dryer because his washer broke. Travis offered to have he and Nat help him put them in and after they were finished, our bishop asked if anyone needed a dryer! How cool is that? Anyway, Travis hooked it up and we were able to "clean sweep" the laundry room-something that needed to desperately happen-and now we can have clean clothes again! (Sorry to those of you who had to be around us lately-haha!)
Cathy
I love "coincidences" like that! I'm sorry that Clarissa got her feelings hurt. I remember wanting to run away but not knowing where to go. Apparently you don't have to have a destination! =)
ReplyDelete