Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Here are some "notes" from the Lloyd family last week...

We registered Nathanael for high school next year.  I cannot believe that I am old enough to have one going to high school!  Weird!  Also, in in P.E. the boys learned how to shoot bows and arrows.  They then held a competition for long-range and short-range.  Nathanael was one of two that qualified for both the long-range and short-range as a finalist.  Then he won the long-range competition the next time that they had P.E.  It was kind of funny.  (Too bad he didn't get a kiss from a fair maiden! J/K)  Nat said that it must have been his Welsh heritage coming through because they are known for singing and being good bowmen.  Hmmmm...

Lindsay played in her last soccer game for the year.  She is now deciding what she wants to do for next year-to play competative soccer or recreational soccer or just be done.  It is a difficult  decision for her to make and honestly I am amazed that she has stuck with it all of these years!  We have video footage of her playing in her first season.  She and another little girl are holding hands, skipping down the field and singing.  The ball goes by and they do not even look at it!  Hmmmm...

Ethan continues to experiment with food.  I found him the other day in the kitchen eating a graham cracker with Nutella on it and dunking it in a cup of milk.  It actually looked pretty tasty- but a little odd!  He also likes to salt and pepper hard-boiled eggs (not unusual) and put a little garlic powder on them as well.  I don't know where he comes up with these ideas!  Hmmmm...

Clarissa had to give a talk in primary this week.  She usually has no trouble speaking in front of others, however, this time she became very nervous and instead of speaking-she started giggling!  It took a little bit of time for her to settle down.  It reminded me of how when I was young, I would giggle and laugh when I had to speak in school- and the worst was singing with my dad and brothers in church!  We tried to sing, "Teach Me To Walk in the Light" and somone got the words a little mixed up.  Well, that got me giggling as well as a couple of my brothers (you know who you are!) and left my dad basically singing a solo!  Needless to say, we did not sing a lot together after that for awhile.  (Thank goodness we got over that-for the most part anyway!) Well, it seems that Clarissa has the giggle gene.  Hmmmm...

Zachary continues to be quite entertaining for our family.  When he accidentally gets knocked over, he tightens his abs and his neck so that his head does not hit the floor.  However, lately he has been doing little "protests" if he does not get his way.  He falls forward on the floor and bangs his head.  He then starts to cry because it hurts-go figure!  Unfortunately for him it does not work, we all just kind of stand there and laugh to ourselves.  Hmmmm...

My "moment of joy" came this week when I came home from helping out at a baby shower.  (Travis was gone all evening as well for his calling.) It had been a very stressful night and I was not looking forward to going home to clean up the mess that had been left.  When I got home, I took a deep breath before I entered the house to remind myelf to be calm and just "buck up" and get it done.  When I entered the house, I was totally surprised to find everything CLEAN!!  I instantly knew that it was Lindsay.  I rushed to find her and tell her that I love her!  She just smiled and said "Happy Mother's Day!"  Wow!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I know that I am so grateful for my mom and all that she still does for me!  She is such an amazing woman and such a good example of a woman of faith, strength, and wisdom. 

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that "singing in church" story. Paul's version has just a few more not so blog appropriate twists to it. It makes me laugh every time! We love to hear about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really heard that story. Is it because I married one of the guilty parties?

    ReplyDelete