Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Crazy daze" of soccer

Here are some "notes" as of late on the "crazy daze" of soccer at the Lloyd home....

Nathanael was just called as president of his teacher's quorum.  It's been interesting to watch him learn from having more responsibility and take initiative when things need to get done.  He also has been trying out for several AAA soccer teams for the fall season.  There was one team that some of his friends were playing on and he wanted to make that team to play with them.  These teams have multiple tryouts and one night, Nat had a slight fever and was extremely tired.  He wanted to try out sooo bad so he took some medication to help him feel better.  I was anxious to find out how he did that night and Travis said that he had never seen Nat play better!  How odd!  Anyway, Nat did make that team as well as another one and had to make a decision.  He decided to play with his friends.  He is excited and I hope that it will be a good experience for him!  He also just took an AP test for Human Geography.  Hopefully he passed-we won't know until the summer.  Nathanael also just participated in his last concert with the Concert Singers.  It was fun to watch him because he loves to sing.  One song that they sang was, "You Raise Me Up" and they had a slide show to go with it where the kids submitted pictures of those that have influenced them for good in their lives.  Nathanael submitted a picture of him with Lindsay and Ethan at a Real soccer game.  I am grateful that my children seem to really love each other even though they know how to push each other's buttons and drive us all crazy!  I hope that when they are all grown up that they continue to have good relationships with each other!


Lindsay's little soccer team kind of fell apart at the end of the season and so she tried out for other AA soccer teams.  She was able to make one that we feel really good about.  We know this particular soccer club pretty well (Nat has played for them) and Travis is excited about working with an old soccer friend again. 

Ethan's team has decided to go competitive next year and Travis will be coaching them.  Travis is just as excited about it as Ethan!  Are we surprised?  Ethan also recently had pioneer day at school and then they performed class plays for the younger grades.  Parents were not invited (we almost went anyway but did not want to embarrass him) but Ethan felt good about his performance and apparently was one of the main characters!  I must admit, he is quite a little "ham" when he wants to be!


I thought that Clarissa would be the one that would quit soccer next year (I was kind of hoping...).  Anyway, uncle Paul can't coach this year (it has been a great experience for her) and because she will have a new coach and a new team, I thought that she would be done.  Instead, she surprised me by saying that she wants to play until she is 16 years old!  Really?  Are you sure?  I don't know that she really will play that long but I guess if she wants to keep playing....


Zachary is into balls right now!  Soccer balls, bouncy balls, basketballs etc.  He goes around the house making a "collection" of all the balls he finds and puts them together.  Then he takes one at a time and kicks, throws, or carries them somewhere else.  Needless to say, there are balls all over our house!


I am just so glad that this soccer season is finally over and maybe-just maybe things can settle down a little bit!  Right-ha ha!  It's all good!

My "moment of joy" came these last two weeks when Zachary was interacting with another little boy in church and the little boy handed Zac a toy to which Zacky said, "thank you".  Yay!!!!

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when a soccer season ends? I love the fun and the excitement but even more the sigh of relief that we don't have to juggle things quite as much. You sure have cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun soccer pictures! I love that Nat chose that picture of them at the REAL game. How telling it is that they have a great relationship.

    ReplyDelete