The Lloyds had some "noteworthy" things happen this week...
Nat has worked so hard for so many months and was able to make the Freshman soccer team for Lone Peak high school!!! Wahoo! He has the heart of an athlete and loves and appreciates sports-he just has to work a little harder than others to accomplish his goals when it comes to sports. He has some ability but then he works so hard to get better! I daresay that no one worked as hard as he did to try out and make it on that team!! Nat found out at school and when he got home, he went downstairs to confirm that his number was on the list and I got to see them embrace-Travis was soooo excited for him!
| Go LP! Wait, is that an "AF" on Nat's jersey? Hmm... |
Lindsay had a semi-annual interview with a member of our bishopric this week. Afterward, he came out and told me what an amazing young lady she is-something that I already knew! I told him that we call her "Lindsay Poppins" at home because she is "practically perfect in every way". I am so grateful that she is my daughter! Wahoo!
Ethan got strep throat for the first time in his life this week! He had all the classic symptoms of sore throat, headache, and fever. We were able to get him diagnosed and medicated. He started feeling better right away! I am so grateful for modern medicine! Wahoo!
Clarissa was looking forward to some fun plans that we had as a family and totally cleaned her room so that she could go! She actually put things right where they belong instead of just stuffing everything into her closet! Wahoo!
Zachary is learning to say a few words and communicate. One of the ways he is learning to communicate is by using his "angry eyes!" Zachary's growing so fast it's awesome and I am happy that he is becoming a little more independent. Having said that, there is also part of me that is a little sad that that part of my life is over (having my own little babies). I know that our family is complete but it is hard for me to realize that I need to "grow up" and that I am getting older! I am not that young little mother that I used to be and still feel like in my own mind! So even though I really don't want to be starting over with new little ones, I am struggling to really accept that I do have teenagers and I am not as young as I used to be! Wahoo?
My "moment of joy" this week was when I saw Nathanael and Zachary outside. Nat was lifting Zac up so that he could put a ball through the basketball hoop. Nat was so good with Zac and I just thought that it was so sweet!
Cathy
I find that I too often communicate with my angry eyes. It's just not nearly as cute on me. =) Glad to hear all of the latest. Can't wait to see you on Sunday.
ReplyDelete