Friday, March 18, 2011

Pot O' Gold

This week the Lloyds were proud tartin' the green!!  Just a "note" about this week...

Nathanael started training with his soccer team this week.  He has a great time playing soccer and the season is starting soon!  One of Nat's projects for school this week was to create a 3D scene from a book.  He chose, A Tale of Two Cities, and I was very impressed with how much detail and thought that he put into making it great.  I just wish he would care that much about all of his assignments!  Go figure.

Lindsay tried out for the musical theater class for next year.  Nat had done it in eighth grade and had had a really good experience participating in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".  She had to prepare a song and a monologue.  She sang, "Goodnight My Someone" from, "The Music Man".  She came home the next day and in a shaky voice told me of some friends that had made it.  Because of her shaky voice, I thought that maybe she was about to cry because she did not make it-but then she smiled big and said, "So did I!" and laughed because she had tricked me!  I think that she will have a lot of fun in that next year!

Ethan had his last week of rehearsals before the school play "Young King Arthur" next week.  He is one of the many minions and enjoys thinking of new ways to "go down!" 

Clarissa really enjoyed celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  As a family we have a little treasure hunt and then we get together with Travis' family for a dinner of corn beef and cabbage, soda bread, and Shepard's Pie.  Clarissa said that it had been fun at school because a leprechaun had messed up their classroom and sent them on a little hunt where they got a little treasure!  Before we ate dinner, a story about an Irish ancestor family was told to the children.  Both Travis and I have Irish heritage.  This story was about James McDonald and Sarah Ferguson.  It is an inspirational story, however, at the end my mother-in-law told how Sarah was little and feisty and made her family clean out their wagon because it was getting so messy as they were coming across the plains.  When she told that little detail-Clarissa turned around and looked at me!  I started to laugh-I knew she was thinking, "That sounds just like my mom!".  After I laughed she laughed too because I was right!  It is so funny because Sarah is not my ancestor but I can sure identify with her!

Zachary has had a cold this week and so he has been extra clingy.  It has been difficult to get anything done!  Oh, well!  Life goes on and I just need to remember to put first things first.  I need to remember to focus on the important things and worry about getting those done!

My "moment of joy" this week came when we were talking about the McDonald ancestors.  I feel so grateful for their example and the example of my own ancestors for accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ and making all the sacrifices that they did to "build up the kingdom".  It makes me want to do all that I can to "build up the kingdom" today!  Their legacy is truly a "treasure"!

Cathy

1 comment: