Friday, February 25, 2011

Princess Mom

Just a "note" about this last week in the Lloyd home.  All is well...for the most part! (I am just a little crazy is all-nothing unusual!)

Nat has been spending a lot of time lately conditioning and keeping up on some ball skill to get ready for the Lone Peak High School soccer tryouts.  He has been working so hard-so even if he doesn't make it, he can at least say that he gave it his all.

Lindsay has been playing futsal which is kind of like indoor soccer and has really enjoyed her games.  She is looking forward to soccer starting back up again in March.

Ethan attended his last Blue & Gold banquet last night as a cub scout.  Next year he will be in 11 year old scouts-my how the time flies!

Zachary has decided that his bottle is a great way to make interesting pictures.  When he is finished drinking what he wants, he drips the milk on the floor and then smears it around and around!

"What about Clarissa?" you ask.  Well, she adds so much humor to our lives that she is what sticks out in my mind this week. 

I thought that I was on top of everything this week!  I was getting the kids to where they needed to be, cleaning the house, fulfilling my callings-I was doing great!  Then reality set in and things fell apart Thursday morning-but created a great little story about Clarissa.

Thursday was career day for first grade.  She was supposed to dress up as what she wanted to be when she grew up.  I had read the note earlier in the week and had forgotten all about it!  That morning I was busy helping Ethan finish getting ready for a book share that he was presenting to the class.  I told Clarissa to go and get dressed and to hurry because we were running behind schedule.  Just as Ethan and I were finishing up, Clarissa came out in a sweater and Snow White costume.  I asked her why she was dressed like a princess to which she replied that it was Career Day and she was going as a mom!  In her mind, moms are glamorous and sophisticated like a princess.  I have no idea where she gets that from!  She is not looking at me!  I am grateful to have a shower before 2:00 p.m. and there are even days when the shower did not happen! Gasp!  I told her that she needed to choose something besides Snow White.  She then said that she was just going to grow up and marry a farmer and be a mom.  I then told her that even though I am a mom-I did go to college and get an education and that she needs to as well.  She then decided to dress up as a teacher.  Are we really surprised?  No.  It must be in our blood.  Anyway, Clarissa always gives us something to smile about!

My "moment of joy" this week was when a friend who has been ill told me that my three oldest children had all asked her kids about her and how she was doing.  She said that she was truly touched and I thought, "Maybe they are listening sometimes!"

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! It is all so much more interesting with the perspective of children. Nice job princess Cathy!

    ReplyDelete