February seemed to fly by at our house...
Nathanael and Lindsay Ann are still living in Scotland as she works on her graduate degree. They are enjoying their time there- but have been frustrated with not being able to go out and explore more as they have been on strict lockdown again. They are enjoying that the sun is coming out a bit more and wild flowers are starting to bloom everywhere.
Logan and Lindsay Kaye continue to work. Logan is busy working on his EMT class. One really exciting thing is that Lindsay Kaye earned her Associate Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences. This means that all of her credits will transfer to wherever she and Logan land. It is quite an accomplishment. We decided to celebrate Fat Tuesday in honor of Logan and his hometown of New Orleans. We did a crawfish boil. He is an amazing cook. The food was really good! I also tried to make a King cake. I am thinking that I should submit my picture to the Pinterest fail website because it did not turn out the way I expected! It tasted good-but looked very off! Ha! Ha! It is fun to have new traditions to celebrate with the family!
Elder Ethan is still in his same area that he has been for the last two transfers. He has continued to work hard to find those who are ready to make covenants. He has specifically been working with a man who has read all of the scriptures and seems to really like what he has learned. Hopefully, he can receive his own witness of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Clarissa has been working hard on learning to drive. I have been able to take her to see my old schools and Travis' old schools and the house where Travis grew up. Last weekend, we went to see my Grandparents' homes where my parents grew up. That was really fun-although it made me miss them so much that my heart hurt. They were such a wonderful influence in my life. She also drove on the freeway for the first time. She has been not wanting to do that at all-but she did really well. Clarissa also performed in the choir's Movie Knight. She sang,"I'm The Greatest Star", from Funny Girl. She was so fun to watch. She is so entertaining with her facial expressions and her singing was fabulous! I was so proud of her because she was so nervous about doing it.
Zachary has had a great time playing Jr. Jazz basketball. His class also won second in the school reading contest and first in their grade. He was happy because they got to have a pizza party and a doughnut party. We have been reading Harry Potter together. Currently, we are on the fourth book. One thing that I have been impressed with Zachary this month is that he has pushed through his fear and had a couple of really fun experiences because he did not give in to his anxiety. Our family went to East Canyon this last month. Logan and Lindsay Kaye took Clarissa and Zachary sledding. Then, Logan took Zachary sledding again because he wanted to go. This time, the hills were bigger and Zachary went down even though they were a lot steeper. I love that he and Logan do things together. I think that Logan is a great big brother to him while his brothers are not here. I think Logan likes having a little brother too.
It has been really nice to be able to spend time with my family. We have created new memories and strengthened our relationships. I am so impressed by how solid and faithful my children are. They have exceeded my expectations of who they have become. They are such good examples to me. They are solid and strong and stand up for what is right. I am in awe. Mostly though, I am extremely grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving them to me.






No comments:
Post a Comment