Nathanael and Lindsay Ann finished up their Junior years at Utah State and Lindsay Ann has moved down near Zion's National Park for the summer as an intern. Meanwhile, Nat moved back home to study for the MCAT, volunteer as an interpreter for a health clinic, and shadow doctors. He also had to have a small surgery to fix his deviated septum that was causing him to have a chronic sinus infection. The surgery went really well and he is a good patient. A week after the surgery, I was able to take him up to Logan to have things checked. It was an enjoyable time to visit with him. He took the MCAT at the beginning of June and had spent hours and hours studying. We just found out that he scored in the 90th percentile-which is awesome! Lindsay Ann is thriving in Zions and enjoys the project that she is working on.
Lindsay Kaye has found another job in which she is able to use her ASL skills and work with young women who need a mentor. It is a great job that pays her fairly well and gives her some experience in her major. At the first of June, her boyfriend, Logan, came to visit for the week. The night before he left to go back home to Louisiana, he asked Travis and I for our blessing to propose and marry Lindsay Kaye. He is such a kind and thoughtful young man and he is so good to her. We gave our blessing. It just so happened that his family had planned to go to southern California in June the same week that our family was going. They had planned their dates in December and we had planned ours in January. We decided to meet as families and spend the day together in San Diego. We started at the San Diego temple where Logan proposed in the Celestial room after we went through a session. Obviously, this is not just a highlight of the trip for Lindsay Kaye, but a highlight of her life! On the last day of our trip, we got to meet a couple that Lindsay Kaye had worked with on her mission. They had had several missionaries in the past but they had really connected with her. We found out that the husband had lost his job last year almost exactly the same time that Travis has lost his job. Lindsay Kaye was transferred to their town right after. I think that that is why they connected with her. She knew exactly what they were going through on a deeper level. It was not a coincidence. It was so amazing to hear about their experience and my daughter as a missionary. That is why we send them. It was certainly one of the highlights of our trip. These experiences reminded me of how it took so long for her to get her call. I was so frustrated. However, now I can look back and see that the Lord's timing was absolutely perfect. It was perfect that she and Logan got home the same day. It was perfect timing that our families were in California at the same time. It was perfect timing that she was able to be there for this couple that accepted the Gospel.
Ethan has had several highlights in his life the last few months. He was able to play the role of Marius in Alpine Community Theater's production of "Les Miserables". He had never done anything quite like this before and he killed it! It was very emotional and I had to cry every time I watched him sing. The show was powerful and moving. One of the nights of the show, he needed the understudy to perform because he had Prom. Ethan had asked a young woman to Prom that is a really good friend. She was actually voted Prom Queen. They had a wonderful time and it was certainly a highlight of the last few months. Ethan graduated on May 29, 2019. He had the privilege of singing the National Anthem in a quartet for graduation. They sounded amazing. The only thing was that he had forgot his honor cords and Lindsay Kaye brought them later. She snuck down to where the choir was sitting and threw them at him so that he could wear them at least for most of the ceremony-it was quite funny! Ethan then went on a trip to St. George with his friends for a few days. He had a great time. On Father's Day, Ethan spoke in church because we would be gone the next couple of Sundays and then it was fast Sunday before he left on his mission. His talk was wonderful and because it was Father's Day, he spoke a bit about Travis. The things he said about his Dad were some of the most kind words that I have ever heard a son speak about his father. I know that each of our children feel similar to what Ethan expressed. I am so grateful that my children have such an amazing father. He has taken some of the difficult experiences that he has had growing up and decided to become the best father he could be.
One of Clarissa's highlights was playing the lead, Becky Thatcher, in Mountain Ridge Jr. High's production of "Tom Sawyer". She did a wonderful job and it was such a cute musical. Another highlight of the last few months was the opportunity that she had to go on Trek. Clarissa was extremely anxious about going on Trek. However, time after time, we had many tender mercies that lessened her anxiety and let her know that Heavenly Father was aware of her. Some of the tender mercies were the fact that I found the blouses to go with the pioneer skirts, I found my camp bucket from 30 years ago with the letter "C" on it that my Mom had embroidered for her to use for Trek. Finally, I had told a few friends about how anxious she was about Trek and I was a bit worried. One of these friends ended up being her Ma and it was a blessing because somehow the information about her anxiety did not make it to my friend-but she knew because of what I had told her. Well, Clarissa told us that Trek was really hard but she did it! The weather was awful and yet my friend told me that she not only did it-but that she was lovely. This experience turned out to be a highlight because Clarissa has gained confidence in herself in knowing that she can do hard things.
Zachary just finished 3rd grade and one of the highlights for him was being able to play the part of the Prince in a little class play of a mixed up fairytale. He also finished his soccer season strong. Although his team did not do as well as they hoped, Zachary improved greatly as a player. He became a really good defender who was one of the smaller players on the field- but was not afraid to go up against much bigger players and defend that ball. He always had such a great attitude whether his team lost or won. It was a highlight for me to see that he could handle disappointment with dignity and that you never give up. You always do your best. Zachary also was able to go to Cub Scout Day camp where he had a blast. Another highlight for Zachary was that he and his soccer team had the opportunity to escort the Real Salt Lake soccer players on the field at a game. He also worked really hard on his car for the Pinewood Derby for Cub Scouts and was able to place 3rd overall-which was awesome because they had some super fast cars. I am so proud of the young man he is becoming.
One highlight for me was Travis and I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We were able to go to the Anniversary Inn and spend the night. We also went shopping and I got a sterling silver necklace for our silver anniversary. We also ate lunch at Michelangelo's on Main. We had a wonderful time together. I am so grateful for him. We have truly been so blessed.
Finally, another huge highlight was going on vacation to Disneyland with everyone there-including my parents. We also went to the Mormon Battalion and it was neat to hear the story of these men-one of which was my great, great grandfather. Most of the family loved the new Star Wars land and that would be the highlight of the vacation for them. I had to shed a few tears on the way home because I hope that we will go again, but most likely everyone will not be able to go. That is how life is. My babies are forming their own families and have become who I wanted them to be....I hope that we can all remember the fun that we had together.






No comments:
Post a Comment