Sunday, March 11, 2012

Catch-up!

Where does the time go?  I just seem to not be able to keep up on things?  Does anyone else ever feel that they are running around in circles?  Well, here are some "noteworthy" events at the Lloyd home...


Nathanael , as I have said before, has the "heart of an athlete".  He especially just loves soccer!  He has trained and played and worked extremely hard to try out for Lone Peak's soccer team.  Despite all his best efforts, the competition was incredible and he knew that they did not have enough goal keepers -so he tried out for goal keeper and made one of the Sophmore/Freshman teams.  Apparently, he is not too bad.  He does have a 6 foot "wing span".  I have to say that I have really admired his hard work!  He is a good example to me of "laying it all out on the line".  He gave it his all and hopefully this will be a good experience.  I know that goalie would not be something that I would ever want to do!  Nat also had a spring concert with his Men's Chorus and I thought that they did a great job!  It was enjoyable to listen to and I am so grateful that his group performed first- because I had to take Zachary out in the halls for the rest of the concert-he was just too loud!

Lindsay was just offered a spot on a AAA girls soccer team.  She is so excited because, of course, she wants to try out for the girls' soccer team at Lone Peak at the end of the summer.  This will help her in her quest to try to make a team.  She also has musical theater at school and they are performing "Willy Wonka"-I'm not sure exactly what it's called , but they had all the kids audition to see who would be mostly the singing Oompa-loompas and who would be the dancing Oompa-loompas.  Lindsay was put in the dancing group but also was one of nine kids chosen to be in the "featured dance group" (there are over one hundred).  She also tried out for Concert Singers next year for ninth grade and we were grateful that she made it with her friends (not that she can't sing-there are just sooo many!).  Lindsay also gets her braces off tomorrow and as you can imagine, she is thrilled! 

Ethan worked hard and just received his Arrow of Light which is the highest award that you can receive in cub scouts.  He also just attended his first merit badge round-up for First-aid and received his first merit badge!  One thing I forgot to mention last time I wrote was the fact that Ethan's Valentine box got awarded "Just loved it!".  His class had voted on five awards and Ethan's was the top award.  I think it is because a lot of the kids in his class like the Disney show, "Phineas and Ferb" and Ethan decorated his box to look like Perry the Platypus.  Ethan was also awarded the Eagle of the Month for "being a good citizen".  One thing about Ethan is that he really does personify that character trait.




Clarissa is busy reading the Harry Potter books!  She just loves to read and read and read!  She wants to finish them by the time we go on our vacation.  She just finished , "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", which just happens to be my favorite!

What do I say about Zachary?  He continues to learn and try my patience.  I think he is the one that will make me go gray!  He is awesome!  His favorite thing to do lately is to get dressed- but then he wants to wear a couple of Ethan's sports jerseys-at the same time.  They are so big that it looks like he is wearing a couple of odd dresses.  In his mind, he is wearing a uniform just like his siblings. 

My "moment of joy" from this last few weeks was when I was listening to Ethan and Clarissa play "wizard's chess" with Harry Potter Legos and a five dollar chess set.  As a mom, it is fun for me to see how creative they can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment