It is only halfway through January and we have already had a lot going on at the Lloyd home. Here are some "noteworthy" things happening around here....
Nathanael just finished his second quarter of his sophomore year in high school. He continues to remind me daily that I need to take him driving and that his 16th birthday is only a few months away. I tell him not to tell me-I am in denial.
Lindsay also just finished her second quarter in eighth grade. She scored a goal in one of her last indoor soccer games. She was very excited!
Ethan continues to play Jr. Jazz basketball. In his last game, he accidentally passed the ball to the opposite team but turned around and ran hard and fast and stole it back from the kid that he passed it to-it was fun to watch!
Clarissa performed in her dance concerts this last weekend. They did the production "Mary Poppins" and Clarissa got to be a penguin. She was hilarious! The first night at the end of her dance, she was the last one off and turned to the audience to give a great big wave! To us, she was the "star" of the show.
We celebrated Zachary's 2nd birthday this last weekend. The theme was guess what-"Cars"! He is totally obsessed with anything "Cars". It was fun to watch him get sooo excited over his gifts and blowing out the candles on the cake. It's funny that when they are turning 1, you try and try to show them how to blow out the candles. Now it was hard to get him to wait until after singing the "Happy Birthday" song before he blew out the candles I think the third time around we just decided to hurry and sing the song before he blew them out! He was the "star" for the day!
My "moment of joy" this week was when I had stayed up well past midnight decorating a Lightening McQueen car birthday cake. When I first showed him the cake he said, "Mommy, cake, me!" and then gave me a kiss. The loss of sleep was totally worth it!
Nathanael just finished his second quarter of his sophomore year in high school. He continues to remind me daily that I need to take him driving and that his 16th birthday is only a few months away. I tell him not to tell me-I am in denial.
Lindsay also just finished her second quarter in eighth grade. She scored a goal in one of her last indoor soccer games. She was very excited!
Ethan continues to play Jr. Jazz basketball. In his last game, he accidentally passed the ball to the opposite team but turned around and ran hard and fast and stole it back from the kid that he passed it to-it was fun to watch!
Clarissa performed in her dance concerts this last weekend. They did the production "Mary Poppins" and Clarissa got to be a penguin. She was hilarious! The first night at the end of her dance, she was the last one off and turned to the audience to give a great big wave! To us, she was the "star" of the show.
We celebrated Zachary's 2nd birthday this last weekend. The theme was guess what-"Cars"! He is totally obsessed with anything "Cars". It was fun to watch him get sooo excited over his gifts and blowing out the candles on the cake. It's funny that when they are turning 1, you try and try to show them how to blow out the candles. Now it was hard to get him to wait until after singing the "Happy Birthday" song before he blew out the candles I think the third time around we just decided to hurry and sing the song before he blew them out! He was the "star" for the day!
My "moment of joy" this week was when I had stayed up well past midnight decorating a Lightening McQueen car birthday cake. When I first showed him the cake he said, "Mommy, cake, me!" and then gave me a kiss. The loss of sleep was totally worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment