Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pretty cool

Yes, we are still alive....here are "notes" from the Lloyd home....

Nathanael earned the highest award that you can earn for the Varsity scouts. He was the first one in our ward to earn it thus far. It was pretty cool. He also sang in his first concert in high school. It was a special concert in remembering the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

Lindsay just celebrated her 14th birthday! To celebrate, she had a late night with her friends. She seemed like she had a great time. I hope she knows how amazing she really is and how grateful I am that she is my daughter. It is pretty cool that she is part of our family.

Ethan is busy playing soccer and participating in cub scouts. He is just about ready to receive his Webelos badge and then his Arrow of Light award soon after-pretty cool!

Clarissa scored her first goal for the season. A friend got it on camera and e-mailed it to us. She was really excited to tell her dad because Travis couldn't be there because he was coaching another game. It was pretty cool!

Zachary is talking more and more every day and turning into such a little boy! Right now he just loves cars! It is pretty cool how fast they grow and learn!

Because it has been 3 weeks, I have a couple of "moments of joy". The first one is that Clarissa had to write a poem about someone at school. She decided to write her poem about me and one line says, "She is a beautiful as a peacock". She makes me smile! The other thing is a little odd. I have been very ill for a couple of weeks. I had to go to the doctor a couple of times and when he told me what I had-I was so grateful because I could do something to get well and not just "wait it out". The doctor listened to my lungs and told me that I had pneumonia-which I was grateful that I could do something about it! When I told the doctor thank you for figuring it out-he just laughed. I guess it was a little odd that someone was thanking him for telling her that she had pneumonia. Because I have been ill, many have really helped me out and been so kind-again I am so grateful.

One other pretty cool story I heard was when I was watching some shows about the rebuilding of Ground Zero. There was a man who told a story of a tree that had been buried under all the rubble and had survived. They wanted to replant it on the site and so they took really good care of it and in 2010 it was hit by a terrible storm and again were not sure if it would survive. This tree did survive and they did replant it in the new plaza. It has some scarring and you can see where it has been damaged by 9/11 and the storm-but there is also a lot of growth. I thought that was pretty cool!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment